Apple released the latest iOS update for iPhone today. And, in what may be the firstest of First World Problems, it has everyone complaining about how much storage space is needed to download it. This means deleting a lot of useless apps and selfie duplicates.
Because I’m currently unemployed, I had a lot of time to really comb through my photos and only keep those nearest and dearest to my heart. Here are 19 I just couldn’t bear to part with.
1. This photo of me standing in front of a Beef ‘O’ Brady’s in a snowstorm
We’ve all done it.
2. This photo of Pancake in which it looks like she doesn’t have ears
We did not chop off her ears, I swear. She still has them. We are not bunny abusers. Please don’t report us to animal control.
3. This photo of a squirrel-shaped nutcracker
If you’re cracking your nuts with anything else … you’re doing it wrong.
4. This photo of me holding what I assume is a life-sized replica of Chewbacca as a baby
If my child’s head is this big, she’ll be living in my uterus indefinitely.
5. This photo of the face I made after getting the World’s Worst Haircut
6. This photo of when we met The Great Pumpkin
It was, like, really big.
7. This photo of when I made latkes because I like to pretend I’m Jewish around Hanukkah
The smell also lasted much longer than anticipated.
8. This photo of the time I totally nailed a Pinterest recipe
If someone tries to feed you food that looks like this, do not eat it. I repeat: DO NOT EAT IT.
9. This photo of Zach pretending to get stabbed in the eye with a dart
He kind of looks like he’s enjoying it …
10. This photo of a guy on the sidewalk dressed up as a giant bottle of shampoo
I just really admired his enthusiasm.
11. This photo of the time I spilled pho on my pants at lunch
If I don’t document these memories, who will?
12. This photo of blatant desecration of religious symbols in the workplace
It’s like this newsroom has never even heard of the First Amendment.
13. This photo of a lawn gnome a business donated to be a prize in an Easter egg hunt I used to plan
You would not believe the knock-down-drag-out that ensued between two fifth-graders battling over this coveted creature.
14. This photo demonstrating that many people do not understand appropriate use of quotation marks
Sooooooo … can I get some Fanta or not?
15. This photo of a guy on the sidewalk dressed as a Big Blue Blob
WARNING: If you are dressed up as anything — literally, anything — in public, I will stop and take your photo.
16. This photo of a delicious lobster dinner I enjoyed back in March
Back off. It could be the last one I ever get.
17. This photo of a cardboard cutout of my childhood hero, Scruff McGruff (Chicago, Illinois, 60652)
He’s the only thing that kept me from pursuing a life of hard crime.
18. This photo I took of Pancake in which she looks completely hammered
Jesus. It’s like I want someone to call animal control on us.
19. This photo of me touching the World’s Largest Purple Spoon (maybe)
I think they’re selling themselves short. This is probably the World’s Largest Purple Spoon, at least.
I suppose now that these images will live in perpetuity on the Internet, I can delete them from my phone. The emotional toll still might be too much though. Better play it safe and keep them this round.