Cheetah. Grrrrr.

Yesterday afternoon, I went on a little 10-mile run during a wet, slushy snowstorm. Now, you might be asking herself, “Why doesn’t she just go to the gym, where it’s warm and dry? Why doesn’t she just run three or four miles in these less than ideal conditions?”

Perhaps YOU’RE the crazy one for not running this. Did you ever think of that? Or did I just blow your mind?

Well, dear reader, I opted to run outside partly because:

a) I’m a badass.

But mostly because:

2) I’m insane.

And to further this insanity, I’m planning to participate in this half-marathon at the end of the month. Do yourself a favor and click on “entrant guide” on the right side of that page. You’ll LOL, or LQTM, at the very least.

I’ll give you a few minutes…

Luckily, I already have the requisite cheetah-print Spandex required to participate.

OK. Now that you’ve read about what this “organized quirkiness” entails, you understand why I do not want to miss out on being a part of this absurdity. I mean, who really cares how cold and snowy it is when winning a fur sash and medallion, whose “uniqueness is exceeded only by the tackiness of the materials from which it is crafted,” is at stake?

So, there you have it: a perfectly reasonable explanation for running 10 miles in a snowstorm. Owning a tacky fur sash has been a goal of mine for quite some time, and I’m not going to let this opportunity pass me by. Wish me luck.

Advertisements

6 responses to this post.

1. 1) That’s awesome.
    2) When you win your sash, it will be required gear at the next and every P-USA event, yes?!?!
    3) I’m a little surprised you’re being part of something that’s the “31th.”

2. Haha, yeah, I noticed that, too! But I decided that they either did it on purpose or noticed it and decided it would be funny to leave it that way, so I’m OK with it.

3. Posted by Emily on February 1, 2010 at 2:40 pm

I’m so doing this with you next year.

Good luck, Squirrel, and I hope you don’t have to “dilute your electrolytes internally.”

4. Posted by Ashley McKee on February 2, 2010 at 1:52 pm

You are amazing. I wish I liked running in the cold. Any tips?

5. Haha, well I’m actually not a big fan of it either, and I do most of my winter running on a treadmill. But 10 miles inside on a treadmill is about as appealing as running in a snowstorm, so I like to switch in up. So that’s my tip, I guess: Run inside unless it’s kinda-sorta not completely freezing out.

6. Posted by Ashley McKee on February 4, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Yeah. I was running on the treadmill, but I no longer have access cuz I’m not going to school!

What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s